May 9th & 10th, 2020 is a virtual event filled weekend around Boston! Check out some of this weeks #cityhappenings…
Stay Safe, Stay Home…our City Happenings has gone Virtual Style. If you do go out, please be sure to follow all Covid-19 procedures. Become the expert mask wearing, glove handling, social distancing person you can be. Wash your hands. Use hand sanitizer. Don’t touch your face. And most importantly, in the end, follow the advice of the amazing health professionals on the front lines. Be safe out there!! Massachusetts Launched a COVID-19 Text Message Notification System. Text “COVIDMA” to 888-777 for Important Updates
Saturday, May 9th
• Brew At Home With Aeronaut (12:30pm-4pm) – Aeronaut brewers Matt P., Matt C., and brewmaster Mark will guide you through an in-depth demo on how easy it is to brew at home. Learn the science behind everyone’s favorite bubbly beverage and follow their Hop Hop recipe to create your very own at-home batch*** (5 gal, approx. 45 12oz bottles). Through a zoom chat, their team will walk you through the whole process, step-by-step, and will be actively taking questions throughout the whole session. They’ll have a wrap-up Q&A over a beer or two at the end of the session. You’ll (hopefully) learn something and (definitely) have fun.
• Fast & Furriest 5k – This year’s Fast and Furriest 5K will be held virtually. Between now and Sunday May 31st, you can run, walk, or wag with your dog to help animals in need. Choose your course: on the road, in the park, on the trail, or even on your treadmill! Choose your pace: whether you run, walk, hop, canter, skip, or jump, what matters is that you are helping animals! Ask friends and family to support your effort! Once you register, you’ll be able to fundraise, helping the MSPCA-Angell continue providing essential services to homeless, sick, or injured animals in need. Raise $100, and we will send you a race medal for you AND your dog! Raise even more, and you will be eligible for great prizes!.
Sunday, May 10th
• Virtual OH: 1910 Dorchester Ave #607, Boston (11am-noon) – This west facing penthouse unit in the heart of Ashmont Hill offers a great layout, heated garage parking, large windows offering bright light all day and two (2) private outdoor spaces delivering beautiful sunset views. This home is great for entertaining with stainless steel and granite kitchen, complete with breakfast bar overlooking the spacious and flexible living and dining room areas. The master bedroom fits a king-sized bed and both bedroom closets have been recently updated with custom closet systems. Other unit amenities include in-unit laundry with extra storage space, central AC and large coat closet. The condo is in a well-maintained professionally managed building just steps away from the Red Line T stop, with both Ripple Cafe and Tavolo Restaurant located on the main floor. American Provisions is across the street with easy access to Ashmont Grill and Lower Mills’ favorites including the Lower Mills Tavern, Yellow Door Taqueria and Bowery Bar.
• Mother’s Day Delivery (11am-8pm) – Can’t forget about Mom! Brato Brewhouse & Kitchen is helping you send Mom something special, and are offering a kit with flowers, your choice of beer, dinner, snacks and chocolate! They are going above and beyond to make sure you can get Mom what she needs, and are willing to travel up to 30 MILES to her doorstep. You can also choose to pick it up yourself if you prefer, otherwise, let us take care of getting something great over to Mom all in one spot!
• Daily Joy with From the Top – We know that there is a lot of uncertainty and worry in our world right now. We also know this: music has the unique ability to bring joy to our lives – and our From the Top young musicians are proof of that. In response, From the Top, the Boston non-profit behind NPR’s most popular weekly syndicated classical music radio show, has launched “Daily Joy” – a reminder of music’s power to bring us together. Every day, on From the Top’s social media channels and website, we’re posting short videos from alumni of our program. Their uplifting music and messages are sure to bring you a smile.