May 16th & 17th, 2020 is a virtual event filled weekend around Boston! Check out some of this weeks #cityhappenings…
Stay Safe, Stay Home…our City Happenings has gone Virtual Style. If you do go out, please be sure to follow all Covid-19 procedures. Become the expert mask wearing, glove handling, social distancing person you can be. Wash your hands. Use hand sanitizer. Don’t touch your face. And most importantly, in the end, follow the advice of the amazing health professionals on the front lines. Be safe out there!! Massachusetts Launched a COVID-19 Text Message Notification System. Text “COVIDMA” to 888-777 for Important Updates
Saturday, May 16th
• Virtual OH: 1910 Dorchester Ave #607, Boston (11am-noon) – This west facing penthouse unit in the heart of Ashmont Hill offers a great layout, heated garage parking, large windows offering bright light all day and two private outdoor spaces delivering beautiful sunset views. This home is great for entertaining with stainless steel and granite kitchen, complete with breakfast bar overlooking the spacious and flexible living and dining room areas. The master bedroom fits a king-sized bed and both bedroom closets have been recently updated with custom closet systems. Other unit amenities include in-unit laundry with extra storage space, central AC and large coat closet. The condo is in a well-maintained professionally managed building just steps away from the Red Line T stop, with both Ripple Cafe and Tavolo Restaurant located on the main floor. American Provisions is across the street with easy access to Ashmont Grill and Lower Mills’ favorites including the Lower Mills Tavern, Yellow Door Taqueria and Bowery Bar.
• Virtual Suncatcher Fusing Class (3pm-4pm) – Virtually Join for a super fun and educational suncatcher fusing class! Students will learn the basics of glass fusing to create a sun-catcher of their design. Class will begin with a lesson in glass safety and move into glass cutting techniques. They’re doing their best to make this class not only fun, but also informative. Students will learn basic art techniques including color theory, and properties of opacity verses translucency. Each student will learn the history of stained glass and the evolution of glass fusing, while developing construction and design skills.
• What’s cooking with you? – A weekly, crowd sourced Instagram TV show that helps tell each other’s stories in this uncertain time, while showcasing our community’s cooking prowess. With everyone hunkered down for the foreseeable future, we want to hear about the recipes your creative minds and palates have been cooking up. Not only do we want to see how imaginative you can get with your pantry, but we want to get to know you. Chefs, Restaurateurs, excellent cooks & home cooks – we know you are all cooking, and would love you for you to submit. Tell us your story, send us a message.
Sunday, May 17th
• Harpoon 5-Miler: Virtual Edition (7am-11pm) – The virtual Harpoon 5-Miler to benefit The Angel Fund is open to anyone- runners, walkers, or handcyclers. This version of a virtual race means that by registering, you’re committing to 5 miles. Whether 5 miles means a course from your home, or staying at home and completing from a treadmill- how you do it is up to you. No matter what, just make sure that those 5 miles are completed only with those you are self-isolating with and according to recommended precautions. While you may be running on your own that day, remember, we are #alonetogether in this.
• Lululemon Free Workout Classes, Meditations, & Mindfulness Practices – Over the coming weeks, lululemon will take #thesweatlife online. Providing digital workout classes, meditations and mindfulness practices to keep you connected—wherever you are. #Thesweatlife online community – your hub for sweat sessions and mindfulness practices—wherever you are. Here you’ll find some of our best content from some of our favorite people to help you stay connected, harness collective energy, and maybe even make new friends along the way. Go on, unleash that natural high. These workouts and practices require little room and no equipment to release energy and stress. Bonus: you might sleep better.