June 12th, 13th & 14th 2020 is a virtual event filled weekend around Boston! Check out some of this weeks #cityhappenings…
As more things start to open and we transition from virtual city happenings, keep in mind that face coverings and social distancing are still required in most places. Text “COVIDMA” to 888-777 for Important Updates
Friday, June 12th
• Online Class: Making Pasta from Scratch at Home (7pm-9pm) – Take the leap into making pasta from scratch in this online class. You’ll learn about the various flours and different hydrations. We’ll cut different styles of long and short pasta with a pasta machine or by hand. We also will delve into filled pasta including different styles of ravioli. We’ll also talk about how to buy a machine and how to take care of it after use. Q&A is always welcome. You are welcome to make pasta along in this online class or just watch and learn. The list of ingredients needed will be sent prior to the class along with the Zoom link. Instructor: Diane Manteca.
• Virtual Wine & Dance Night (7:30pm) – We’ll pair 4 popular dances with 4 popular wines, for a flight of wine & dancing! Come find out how each wine matches with its associated dance, and to get grooving with some fun dance moves! Join with your quarantine partner, roommate, family members across town, happy hour girlfriends group, or bourbon buddies and learn the most popular dances, practice them in your living room or on the deck, and have a completely awesome time! Enjoy professional instruction in several different dances, student spotlights, and a professional show! And stay tuned for details on which wines to bring to the evening if you’d like to sample along with us! Singles, couples, and groups welcome! No prior dance experience required!
Saturday, June 13th
• Yoga in the Beer Garden (10am-11am) – Join virtually at Remnant Brewery for Yoga in the Beer Garden! Before “social distancing” rules ensued, classes were held outdoors on the brewery’s private patio or conveniently in the Tap Room if the weather was not agreeable. Until we can officially and safely accommodate a smaller class on the premises, you can join in on Zoom and catch a unique vibe streaming live straight from Remnant! The brewery is nestled within Bow Market which houses 30+ independent food, art, and retail shops around a public courtyard in the heart of Union Square. After virtual class, you can physically come on by the brewery to pick up fresh beer, coffee, as well as many other items included within the Market’s “Safe Supply” outdoor grocery store! Start your Saturday off nicely with wellness for your body and mind and support local! ALL experience levels are welcome to attend this hour-long Power Yoga flow, including a segment of challenging core work and an energetic playlist.
• Windows of Harvard: Art From Our Community – A public art event that is free and viewable from a safe social distance in the windows of the buildings at Harvard or as a virtual gallery on the website. Also available on the website is a map for locating the artwork — plus info about the project, the artists and the buildings. More than 250 artworks were created by 70+ artists of all levels throughout the Harvard community as part of this project. While many within the Harvard community are separated from the physical campus and some of our buildings are empty, this exhibition aims to enliven and fill those spaces with large-scale displays of art. This exhibition is presented by the Office for the Arts at Harvard and Harvard Common Spaces.
Sunday, June 14th
• Explore the Gardner’s Stolen Art – It’s a familiar story by now: in the early morning hours of March 18, 1990, a pair of thieves disguised as Boston police officers entered the Gardner Museum and stole 13 works of art. But what more do we know of these works? How did they become a part of Isabella Gardner’s collection, and how they were taken? Step inside to learn more.