July 24th, 25th & 26th, 2020 is a virtual event filled weekend around Boston! Check out some of this weeks #cityhappenings…
As more things start to open and we transition from virtual city happenings, keep in mind that face coverings and social distancing are still required in most places. Text “COVIDMA” to 888-777 for Important Updates
Friday, July 24th
• Lansdowne Street “Fan Zone” – Boston’s Lansdowne Street will transform into a socially distanced “fan zone” to bring the sights and sounds from the fan-less games inside Fenway Park to the outside.
• BPL Concerts From The Courtyard – As is now tradition, the iconic courtyard of the BPL’s Central Library in Copley Square — one of Boston’s most beautiful havens — will fill with music during Friday afternoons in the summertime. Amid COVID-19 restrictions, however, the 2020 summer concerts may only be attended virtually. All concerts in the series will be streamed LIVE from the courtyard to the BPL’s YouTube channel on Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 25th
• How to Brew Beer at Home (12:30-3:30) – Join us for AERONAUT’s second virtual homebrew event, brought to you in collaboration Zone 3 as part of the Zone 3 Skill Build workshop series! Led by their brewmaster and two other brewers, this FREE (!) live streamed workshop will take you through the prototype process featuring a Belgian Wit recipe. This is a brand-new recipe to the AERONAUT team so we’ll be learning alongside each other! Depending on everyone’s feedback, you may see this very Belgian Wit recipe on taproom draft lines later this summer.
• Lowell Folk Festival – Held in the streets of Lowell, MA for 33 years, the Lowell Folk Festival brings together tens of thousands of people in celebration of the richness of American culture and the unique spirit of the Lowell community. The festival was cancelled earlier this year due to state and local safety guidelines regarding large gatherings. To keep the tradition alive, the Lowell Folk Festival partners have created a virtual celebration of this beloved event that captures the joyous spirit and energy of the festival.
Sunday, July 26th
• East Somerville Safe Pick-Up Market – Pre-order and pay before Thursday at 5 PM (recommended) and pick-up your order on Sunday between 10 AM and Noon at Deano’s Pasta parking lot in East Somerville. Support local businesses and fantastic products including pasta, bread, salsa, tamales, cookies, books and more!