Here’s June 2016’s Monthly Indicators report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
June 2016 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
Halfway through 2016, residential real estate markets are performing as predicted
at the beginning of the year. Sales and prices have been going up in most areas,
while the number of homes for sale and total months’ supply of inventory have
been going down. Meanwhile, many sellers have been getting a higher percentage
of their asking price, and supply continues to struggle to meet demand. The
message may be repetitive, but it is largely positive.
- June single-family home sales – UP + 2.5% over last year
- June Single-family median prices were UP + 4.5% to $585,000
- June condo sales – DOWN -0.1% and median prices UP +9.8% ($505,000)
- Inventory in June DOWN – 18.5% to 3,015 and Condominiums DOWN – 24.6% to 1,457
- SF listings added to the market in June DOWN – 6.2% over last year. (2,131 from 2,271 in 2015)
- Condo listings added to the market DOWN – 8.4% over last year. (1,435 from 1,567 in 2015)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?
Here’s June 2016′s Monthly Multi-family Housing Activity Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston multifamily housing trends.
(Boston multifamily housing trends comparing June 2016 to June 2015)
- Closed sales were -7.9% to 210
- Median prices were + 9.8% ($620,000)
- Inventory of homes for sale were – 36.9% (357)
- Months supply of home for sale were – 40.6% (1.9)
- Days on market until sale were + 4.5% (46)
- Percentage of original list price received were +1.0% (101.3%)
- New Listings were – 4.2% (344)
June 17–19, 2016 Update—This seems to be the weekend to enjoy a bite to eat out in the open air! Who wants to join me?
Friday, June 17
•Take a break from the office and grab lunch at the Lawn on D! While you are there, watch the Berklee Summer in the City Series. 12pm
•Taste of Haymarket Walking Tour. 8:30-10:30am
•Enjoy a night out on the patio at Coppa in the South End, furry friends are welcome!
Saturday, June 18
•Start your morning off right with the G’Day Mate Coffee Cruise aboard the Full Moon, the vintage yacht from Palm Beach. 10-11:30am
•Bites of Boston Food Tour. Sweet & Savory South End. Tickets are going fast! 12:30pm
Sunday, June 19
•Boston Harbor Lighthouse Brunch Cruise. 12-2:30pm
•Don’t let Dad do the grilling this year. Head to the Father’s Day Cookout in the yard at the Liberty Hotel. 5:30pm