Here’s November 2019’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
The 1,037 homes sold in November 2019 was the seventh most active
November on record, and a 16.0 percent decrease in sales volume from the
November 2018 sales total of 1,234 homes sold, which is a record high for
the month. Additionally, the median sales price reached a new record high
for the month at $599,900, which is a 2.3 percent increase from the
November 2018 median sales price of $586,500.
With 821 condos sold, it was the sixth most active November on record in
Greater Boston and a 6.8 percent decrease from the 881 units sold in
November 2018. The median sales price for condos remained flat, changing
0.0 percent from $563,087 in November 2018 to $563,000 this month.
This month, 189 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston, which was
a 1.5 percent decrease on the 192 units sold in November 2019. On a month to
month basis, it is a 52.4 percent increase from the 129 multi-family homes sold
in November 2019.
- November condo sales DOWN -6.8%
- Median prices Down 0% ($563,087)
- Active Listings Down -6.1% to 2,200
- Listings added to the market DOWN -21.3% over last year (659 from 837 in 2018)
- November single-family home sales DOWN -16%
- Median prices UP 2.3% ($599,900)
- Active Listings DOWN 15.1% to 2,382
- Listings added to the market DOWN -18.4% over last year (714 from 875 in 2018)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?
January 4th & 5th, 2020 is an event filled weekend around Boston! Check out some of this weeks #cityhappenings going on in and around the city..
Saturday, January 4th
•If you are a business owner and utilize Googles business feature, you should consider attending the Google Analytics Bootcamp. it is a great opportunity to learn how to gain real insights into your websites visitors, their behavior, as well as patterns and trends that can help drive your business moving forward.
•Are you tired of your boring old workout routine? If so, there is a FREE introduction to boxing class at The Ring Boxing Club In the class you will learn fundamental boxing technique, test your skills on a heavy bag, and get a taste of a pro boxers conditioning routine.
Sunday, January 5th
• Get out in nature this weekend with a purpose! The Winter Birding Guided Tour is a 90 minute walk from Arborway Gate to Bussey Hill and back. The focus is on winter birds as well as the woody plant collection. Admission is free!
• Worried about your ability to survive if you were ever to find yourself cold, hungry, lost, and alone in the wilderness? Fear not! The Backyard and Beyond: Winter Survival Workshop will prepare you for any situation that you could find yourself in. The class will cover basic shelter building, wild edibles, water gathering, fire starting, tracking, and ways to get rescued by using natural and manufactured survival tools!