Here’s June 2016’s Monthly Indicators report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
June 2016 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
Halfway through 2016, residential real estate markets are performing as predicted
at the beginning of the year. Sales and prices have been going up in most areas,
while the number of homes for sale and total months’ supply of inventory have
been going down. Meanwhile, many sellers have been getting a higher percentage
of their asking price, and supply continues to struggle to meet demand. The
message may be repetitive, but it is largely positive.
- June single-family home sales – UP + 2.5% over last year
- June Single-family median prices were UP + 4.5% to $585,000
- June condo sales – DOWN -0.1% and median prices UP +9.8% ($505,000)
- Inventory in June DOWN – 18.5% to 3,015 and Condominiums DOWN – 24.6% to 1,457
- SF listings added to the market in June DOWN – 6.2% over last year. (2,131 from 2,271 in 2015)
- Condo listings added to the market DOWN – 8.4% over last year. (1,435 from 1,567 in 2015)