Here’s November 2019’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
The 1,037 homes sold in November 2019 was the seventh most active
November on record, and a 16.0 percent decrease in sales volume from the
November 2018 sales total of 1,234 homes sold, which is a record high for
the month. Additionally, the median sales price reached a new record high
for the month at $599,900, which is a 2.3 percent increase from the
November 2018 median sales price of $586,500.
With 821 condos sold, it was the sixth most active November on record in
Greater Boston and a 6.8 percent decrease from the 881 units sold in
November 2018. The median sales price for condos remained flat, changing
0.0 percent from $563,087 in November 2018 to $563,000 this month.
This month, 189 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston, which was
a 1.5 percent decrease on the 192 units sold in November 2019. On a month to
month basis, it is a 52.4 percent increase from the 129 multi-family homes sold
in November 2019.
- November condo sales DOWN -6.8%
- Median prices Down 0% ($563,087)
- Active Listings Down -6.1% to 2,200
- Listings added to the market DOWN -21.3% over last year (659 from 837 in 2018)
- November single-family home sales DOWN -16%
- Median prices UP 2.3% ($599,900)
- Active Listings DOWN 15.1% to 2,382
- Listings added to the market DOWN -18.4% over last year (714 from 875 in 2018)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?