Here’s September 2019’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
September 2019 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
The 1,060 homes sold this month was the eighth highest sales
total for the month, and was a 6.5 percent increase in sales volume
from the September 2018 sales total of 995. Additionally, the
median sales price reached a new record high price for the month
of September at $605,000 which is a 1.7 percent increase on the
September 2018 median sales price of $595,000.
With 790 condos sold in September, it was the eleventh most
active September on record in Greater Boston as the market
experienced a 3.4 percent increase in sales volume from the 764
units sold in September 2018. The median sales price for condo
declined 4.1 percent from $572,500 in September 2018 to
$549,000 in 2019.
This month, 167 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston,
which reflects a 16.9 percent decrease in sales from the 201 units
sold in September 2018.
- September condo sales UP 3.4%
- Median prices DOWN -4.1% ($549,000)
- Active Listings UP +8.7% to 2,682
- Listings added to the market Up +12.8% over last year (1808 from 1603 in 2018)
- August single-family home sales Up 6.5%
- Median prices UP +1.7% ($605,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -11.4% to 3,085
- Listings added to the market DOWN -3.3% over last year (1,911 from 1,967 in 2018)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?