Here’s Octobers 2019’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
October 2019 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
The 669 homes sold in October 2019 was the seventeenth highest sales
total for the month and was a 38.7 percent decrease in sales volume
from the October 2018 sales total of 1,0941 homes sold. Additionally,
the median sales price declined 2.2 percent from the %603,000 mark in
October 2018 to $590,000 this month.
With 553 condos sold, it was the fifteenth most active October on record
in Greater Boston and a 31.0 percent decrease from the 802 units sold in
October 2018. The median sales price for condos reached a new record
high for the month of October at $550,000, which was a 1.9 percent
increase from the October 2019 median sales price of $540,000.
This month, 125 multi-family homes were sold in Greater Boston, which
was a 46.1 percent increase on the 232 units sold in October 2018.
Additionally, active listings in each market declined on a year over year
basis, for a total of 519 altogether, reflecting a 24 percent drop from the
673 multi-family listings in October 2018.
- October condo sales DOWN -31%
- Median prices UP +1.9% ($550,000)
- Active Listings UP +14.7% to 2,971
- Listings added to the market DOWN -5.2% over last year (1249 from 1317 in 2018)
- October single-family home sales DOWN -38.7%
- Median prices DOWN -2.2% ($590,000)
- Active Listings UP +1.1% to 3,412
- Listings added to the market DOWN -4.5% over last year (1,495 from 1,565 in 2018)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?