Here’s January’s 2020’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
The 762 homes sold in January 2020 was the eighth-highest sales volume
for the month and was a 7.5 percent increase from the 709 homes sold in
January 2019. The median sales price reached a record high for the month
of January at $605,000, which was a 2.7 percent increase from the January
2019 median sales prices of $589,000.
WWith 671 condos sold, it was the third most active January on record in
Greater Boston, and a 21.1 percent increase in sales from the 554 units sold
in January 2019. The median sales price of condos also reached a new
record high for the month of January at $577,500, which is a 2.2 percent
increase from the January 2019 median sales price of $565,000.
This month, there were 174 multi-family units sold in Greater Boston, which
reflects a 21.6 percent increase in sales volume from the 143 multi-family
units sold in January 2019. Notably, all but the two-family unit home markets
experienced increases in median sales price, as that fell a modest 1.5
- January condo sales UP 21.1%
- Median prices UP 2.2% ($577,500)
- Active Listings DOWN -19.1% to 1598
- Listings added to the market DOWN -8.8% over last year (993 from 1089 in 2019)
- November single-family home sales UP 7.5%
- Median prices UP 2.7% ($605,000)
- Active Listings DOWN 15.1% to 2,382
- Listings added to the market DOWN -18% over last year (877 from 1069 in 2019)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?