Here’s February 2019’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
February 2019 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
After tumbling by double-digit percentages in January, sales of detached single-family homes and
condominiums rose sharply on a year-over-year basis in February across metropolitan Boston as improved inventory
levels, a moderation home price appreciation rates, and relatively storm-free winter helped draw homebuyers back into the
market early in 2019, according to data issued today from the Greater Boston Association of REALTORS® (GBAR).
Sales of single-family detached homes saw a year-over-year increase of 21.8 percent in February as 586 homes were sold
compared to the 481 homes sold in February 2018. This year’s sales total is the fifth highest on record for the month of
February. The condo market also experienced an increase in sales as 528 units were sold in 2019, a 13.1 percent increase
from the 467 units sold in February 2018. Last month’s condo sales total is the fourth highest on record for the month.
- February condo sales UP +13.1%
- Median prices DOWN -2.9% ($530,000)
- Active Listings UP +22.9% to 1,780
- Listings added to the market DOWN -1.5% over last year (966 from 981 in 2017)
- February single-family home sales UP +21.8%
- Median prices UP +6.7% ($577,500)
- Active Listings UP +2.4% to 2,056
- Listings added to the market DOWN -1.7% over last year (1,134 from 1,154 in 2017)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?