Here’s January 2017’s Monthly Indicators report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
January 2017 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
The Greater Boston housing market saw steady sales and healthy price appreciation along with a continued shortage of supply of homes for sale in January 2017. The condo market sales increased a modest 1 percent last month from 604 condos sold in January 2016 to 610 sold last month. This is the second consecutive month that condo sales have softened slightly, however this total was comfortably above the monthly average of 530 sold condos.The detached single-family home market saw a slight decline in sales in January as 828 homes were sold last month compared to January monthly record-high of 843 last year. This is a 1.8 percent drop; however the 828 homes sold is the second highest total for the month on record. It is the second consecutive month that sales have dropped slightly on a monthly basis.
- January condo sales UP +1.0%
- Median prices UP +12.8% ($500,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -29.1% to 1,218
- Listings added to the market UP +1.8% over last year (829 from 814 in 2016)
- January single-family home sales DOWN -1.5%
- Median prices UP +6.1% ($520,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -36.9% to 1,749
- Listings added to the market DOWN -2.0% over last year (909 from 928 in 2016)
Interested In Specific Neighborhood / Area Real Estate Market Trend Data?
Address: 9 West Broadway #208 Boston MA 02127
Offered At: $600,000
First Open Houses:
Sunday, November 6, 2016 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM
Monday, November 7, 2016 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
For Property Details Visit: www.9westbroadway208.info
True brick and beam loft in the desirable Court Square Press elevatored building has it all. This 900+/- square foot studio home has high ceilings along with the traditional loft open floor plan great for entertaining with a granite and stainless steel kitchen, hardwood floors and large windows. This unit has in unit washer/dryer, large walk-in closet and garage parking for one car. The full service complex has many amenities including concierge, gym, bicycle storage, a beautifully landscaped center courtyard, media room and great outdoor space with a heated lap pool. The location is a commuters dream with easy access to I-90 & 93 and the MBTA Red Line. Also convenient to many restaurants, Starbucks and Whole Foods.
- Office: 617.394.8648
- Fax: 617.507.5666
- Cell: 617.394.8648
Proper preparation, careful decisions, and the expertise of a Realtor can minimize the feelings of stress and anxiety when it comes to selling your home.
Start now to be prepared.
Review all property paperwork, and prepare your documents to be complete and readily available. (Deed/mortgage satisfaction, letter/copies of rental agreements, utility bills, tax bills, etc.) It’s important not only to prepare your home for sale, but to be prepared yourself for inquiries that might arise that your listing agent, attorney or potential buyers will request.
The right price means a successful sale. Pricing your home is both an art and a science. Working with a Realtor gives you the added expertise to help maximize the profit from your home by conducting a Comparative Market Analysis.
First impressions are lasting impressions. At Unit Realty Group we will work with you to prepare your home the right way in order to maximize it’s value. We make recommendations for the proper home staging, paint color, repairs and replacements. The buyer’s journey begins online so we believe it is important to have professional photography that advertises your home in the best possible light, in the most visible outlets in your area.
Hold an Open House right away. I strongly recommend holding an open house the first week your home is on the market. When planning a successful open house we consider several important factors.
- Scheduling: Look into state and local events. (Are the Patriots playing Sunday afternoon? We know Bostonians are die hard football fans so we avoid times prospective buyers may be glued to the TV cheering on their team.)
- Timing: Consider various days of the week and times of day. (Accommodate all prospective buyers. Can the after work commuters stop by in the evening? Can the couple drop in before heading to the little league game over the weekend?)
- Forecast: Weather can draw people to or from the city. (Is it an ideal weekend to get away and head to the beach? Is it apple picking season? Is it a long holiday weekend?)
- Exceptional Service: Help prospective buyers maximize their time in the unit. (At Unit Realty Group we use wayfinding signage to direct buyers to the unit. We are sure to provide an inviting and informative experience for open house visitors.)
Start early, educate yourself and chose the right agent.