Here’s April 2019’s Monthly Indicators Report from the Greater Boston Association of Realtors® showing Boston real estate market trends.
April 2019 Greater Boston Real Estate Market Trends
April continued the moderate climb in inventory we’ve been seeing since February. This, combined with improved interest rates, loosened the tight market a bit and buyers responded according to data issued today from the Greater Boston Association of REALTORS® (GBAR).
Sales of single-family detached homes saw a year-over-year increase of 10.1 percent in April as 947 homes were sold
compared to the 860 homes sold in April 2019. The condo market dropped slightly in sales as 848 units were sold in 2019, a 4 percent decrease
from the 883 units sold in April 2019.
- April condo sales DOWN -4%
- Median prices DOWN -5.8% ($559,500)
- Active Listings UP +15.3% to 2,266
- Listings added to the market UP +1.5% over last year (1,725 from 1,701 in 2018)
- April single-family home sales UP +10.1%
- Median prices UP +1.2% ($618,000)
- Active Listings DOWN -1.8% to 2,721
- Listings added to the market DOWN -6.9% over last year (2,031 from 2,182 in 2018)